As things continue to open up in Ohio, our church leadership has been working on our plan for re-opening worship services in our church building. We have prayerfully landed on a three-phase approach to re-opening safely.
Here is our three-phase approach to re-opening worship services in our church building:
Phase One: May 2020
- Open up church offices at regular hours
- Continue recording Online Services
- No indoor, in-person Services
- May 24th: Drive-in Communion Service
- May 27-31st: Team meetings will take place for Sunday Teams (Ushers, Greeters, Welcome, Security, Music, etc.) to answer questions and discuss best practices for indoor services. All safety precautations will be taken during these meetings.
Phase Two: June – End of August/Early September 2020
- June 7th: 5pm Indoor Evening Service (including music) & live-stream test (all social distancing precautions will be taken).
- June 14th: Worship Services will resume in our church building at 9am and 11am, following our normal pattern. Only 35% of our normal capacity will be allowed at each service, based on our fire code. Seats in the auditorium will be arranged 6 feet apart and all social distancing precautions will be taken. Participants are encouraged to wear masks, but not required. Participants are also asked to follow all directions given on signs in the building, as well as directions given by staff and volunteers.
- Worship Services will also be livestreamed for anyone who would prefer to stay home.
- There will be no children’s ministry on Sunday mornings.
- All previously planned summer ministries (Soccer Camp, MFUGE, Community Day) are cancelled.
- New and revamped summer ministry opportunities will be offered such as Baptism and Membership Classes, Training Courses and Learning Gatherings, and other ministries like Community Teams that wish to continue in the summer. Some of these opportunities will be online and others will be in person with all social distancing and safety precautions followed.
Phase Three: September 2020 – December 2020
- Worship services will continue to be livestreamed.
- Indoor Worship Services will continue with precautions at 50% capacity for both services.
- Children’s ministry may potentially restart on Sunday mornings.
- Fall ministries may potentially restart
Please note that all of these plans can change based on elder decisions and/or considerations gleaned from governing authorities.
As we prepare to gather together again in person, we do so remembering the words of Paul in Romans 14: “Each one should be fully convinced in his own mind…If we live, we live to the Lord, and if we die, we die to the Lord. So then, whether we live or whether we die, we are the Lord’s.” (Romans 14:5b, 8)
Please join us in praying for unity, compassion, and safety as we pursue this transition back to in-person worship services. We are excited to see you again soon!
Yours in Christ,
The Shoreline Leadership Team